BNW CHAPTER 3
Again the start of the chapter was shocking. I mean kids are having erotic fun in the bushes like if it's normal is not a normal thing for me. They are basically satisfying their primal instincts and forgetting about cognitive and emotional needs and satisfying pleasure needs which are only temporary feelings.. They even believe that if a person denies consent they are suffering through mental health. These people were shocked to know that we wouldn't partake in these acts of pleasure until we were twenty. they found it ridiculous even. they have this motif that states that everyone belongs to everybody which I feel is pretty screwed up because I'd like people to stay out of my bubble unless I grant them the ability to enter it. i believe we should have a choice. Now going off of this motif someone was shaming a woman who only stayed loyal to one man saying she should branch out to others. The people in this society frown upon solitude and make outcasts of the introverts.
Brian Marx is looked down upon. He is a solitary person. Shorter than that of normal alphas and does not like the common things the population does. For this reason many make rude comments about him and consider him a strange person. Brian does however like Leninia and she does share affection towards him. Brian However does notice that all these people fall victim to what they were taught. He, I guess you could say, goes against the normal.
Huxley does write the ending parts of the chapter in a quite unique manner mixing and skipping each conversation going back and forth to each of the story lines. I think this was meant to allude to the insanity of this world.


Comments
Post a Comment